Thursday, 15 May 2008

Some people REALLY need to get a life

Are you one of those people who call back missed calls on your phone when you don't recognise the number, and demand to know who you're speaking to? Well if you are, PLEASE DON'T! Really - apart from the fact that it sounds very rude and aggressive, if you don't recognise the number and they didn't leave a message, chances are it was a wrong number. If it wasn't a wrong number, and it was important, they'll call back!

What precipitated this post was somebody doing that to me, except that somehow they got the number wrong when they called back. The conversation went something like this:-

Me: Hello?
Caller: Who's that?
Me: Err... Debbie.
Caller: Debbie who?
Me: Uh... YOU called ME! Who's this??
Caller: There was a missed call on my phone, I wanted to know who called.
Me: Okay... who are you?
Caller: Mabel Smith.
Me: I didn't call you. I don't know who you are.
Caller: Well, the number on my phone was **** 737 ***
Me: My number is **** 739 ***
Caller: *jovially* Oh! I got the number wrong!
Me: Yes. *click*


Well, there's 45 seconds of my life that I'll never get back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

righto, I know what to do next time I want to prank call someone. I'll call your number from someone else's phone. ;0)