The past week has been very enjoyable but a little bit sad, as there have been many good-byes.
Last Saturday night we had an "Australia Party" for our students, which was great fun. We had
The week followed basically the same routine as last week - English classes and Bible Storytelling group, with shopping and sight-seeing trips in between. Thursday was our last English class for this program and also a farewell for Rhonda, Talia and me. Rhonda and Talia were leaving on Friday, so we squeezed in one last trip to the Night
I'm at the stage now where I'm quite looking forward to coming home and catching up with everybody - even though I love Chiang Mai and I'd be quite happy to stay here for a good while longer, if this is where I felt God wanted me to be. I'm hoping this coming week at the conference will be restful and informative and help give me more clarity about the future. I'll be meeting the team leader from Tashbaan and his family for the first time. It also promises to be a good time of worship and fellowship with lots of other
believers.Please pray for Ben, Jua, and May - they've all been coming to the Bible Storytelling group and showing interest in Christianity, but it's hard to know whether that interest is purely on an intellectual level. When we had our Bible-based English lesson on Tuesday we did the parable of the prodigal son, and Nuy said she didn't understand why the younger son behaved that way in the first place (i.e. taking his father's money and leaving), which was a good opening for explaining that this illustrates how a lot of people behave towards God, taking the good things He provides but not wanting a relationship with Him. But I wasn't quite bold enough to tell them that the prodigal son represents them. I
can only pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them of that.

No comments:
Post a Comment