
WOW - what an amazing final week to round off my trip!! I spent it at the Pioneers regional conference in Pattaya, on the Gulf of Thailand. My classmate Sarah was there too, and we shared a room so had lots of time to talk about our travels and what God's plans might be for our future - which I was really grateful for as there's been a lot on my mind!
The week in Pattaya was hectic and, frankly, awesome! I felt challenged and confronted in some unexpected ways, as well as greatly inspired and encouraged. Each morning we started with a time of worship and teaching with the whole conference group (about 450 people, most of whom are now based in Asia), and the rest of the time was divided between Area meetings (i.e. the group was split according to where people are based geographically, or in my case where I'm considering going), Mobilisation Base

meetings (i.e. split according to where we're from), and a couple of "equipping workshops" and some free time. In the evenings there were "hospitality rooms" run by the American and Australian mobilisation bases, where we could go for drinks and snacks (in the Australian room it was primarily Tim Tams, Mint Slices, and crackers with
Vegemite) and chat with whoever else was there. We spent quite a few hours in the hospitality rooms, finding them a great source of interesting conversation - not to mention chocolate! The speaker who preached each morning was Sunder Krishnan, who really was excellent. Going to the conference was worthwhile for his teaching alone! I also heard amazing stories about the work that God is doing in many parts of the world - often in the face of violent or systematic repression of the word.

One of the major things that I felt challenged about during the week was my impatience. It's something I've been aware of for a long time, but I've realised that since starting at college I've been so eager to get out on the mission field as soon as possible that I'm risking not making the most of college, and RPC, and my Sydney life in general, while I'm here. I've realised that there's a lot of room for improvement in my relationship with God, and I felt convicted that I should focus on that, and my own spiritual development, for the rest of this year. I also had 3 sessions with a counsellor while I was in Pattaya (she works with the Australian mobilisation base), which was one of the unexpected things that happened during the week. She helped me uncover a lot of emotional baggage that really needs to be dealt with before I go overseas long-term. Whatever God has planned for me, I've realised that it will happen in His timing and there's no need for me to try to fast-track it.
I've come home feeling absolutely on top of the world, spiritually rejuvenated, excited about life and what 2008 has in store, and generally very happy to be where I am, with the wonderful people who surround me.
I'd appreciate your continued prayers as I do my best to apply myself to my studies this year, deal with my personal demons, and seek God's will for my future.
No comments:
Post a Comment